Saturday

A Hebrew Christians' conversation with G-d.

A Hebrew Christians' conversation with G-d. (from Marcus Levi )

I wrote this the other day:

A Hebrew-Christian was very confused in his faith so decided to go to G-d directly and ask him if Jesus was really G-d. G-d said ok, how can i prove it to you and will you believe my answer?
...
The Christian said L-rd just tell me and I will believe you but make it clear and not be ambiguous I beg of you L-rd.

Then G-d said, ok then I will be clear, hear me and hear me well:
I am the L-rd your G-d, who brought you out of Egypt, and of the land of slavery. You shall have no other G-ds before Me. Exodus 20:2-3

The Hebrew Christian said: Yea L-rd I hear you but Jesus was part of the trinity with the Holy Spirit you see so he is one with you, although you have 3 separate personalities.

Then G-d Said:
You are the ones who have been shown, so that you will know that G-d is the Supreme Being, and there is none other besides Him! Deuteronomy 4:35

The Hebrew-Christian Said:
I know L-rd there is non beside you but what does that really mean?

G-d Said:
See, now, that I, I am He -- and no G-d is with Me . . . . Deuteronomy 32:39

The Hebrew-Christian said:
Can G-d come down to earth as a man? I mean why not?

G-d said:
To whom then will you liken G-d? To what likeness will you compare Him? Isaiah 40:18

"To whom then will you liken Me, that I should be his equal?" says the Holy One. Isaiah 40:25

"God is not man, that he should lie, or a son of man, that he should repent. Number 23:19

Know therefore today, and take it to your heart, that the L-rd, He is G-d in heaven above and on the earth below; there is no other! Deuteronomy 4:39

The Hebrew-Christian said:
Ok I hear you so that’s a definite no?

G-d said:
For will G-d indeed dwell on the earth? Behold the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain Thee…… I Kings 8:27a

The Hebrew-Christian said:
Ok L-rd but most of the world believes in Jesus as G-d!! Are they all wrong?

G-d said:
You shall not follow other G-ds, any of the G-ds of the peoples who surround you! Deuteronomy 6:14

The Hebrew-Christian said:
L-rd I see but what about what they say Jesus was our savoir our rock and is setting next to you in heaven. Is it not proper for a Jew to believe this?

G-d said:
"You are My witnesses," declares the L-rd, "and My servant whom I have chosen, so that you may know and believe Me and understand that I am He. Before Me no G-d was formed, nor will there be one after Me. I, even I, am the L-rd, and besides Me there is no Savior." Isaiah 43:10-11

This is what the L-rd says, Israel's King and Redeemer, the L-rd Almighty, "I am the first and I am the last; apart from Me there is no G-d! Who then is like Me? Let him proclaim it. Let him declare it and lay it out before Me . . . . Do not tremble, do not be afraid. Did I not proclaim this and foretell it long ago? You are My witnesses. Is there any G-d besides Me? No, there is no other Rock; I know not one." Isaiah 44:6-8

The Hebrew-Christian said:
So are you really alone? The New Testament says that Jesus was also the creator!

G-d said:
You alone are the L-rd; You made the heavens, the heavens of the heavens and all their host, the earth and all that is upon it, the seas and all that is in them, and You give life to all, and the heavenly host bow down before You. Nehemiah 9:6

G-d said again:
Listen Hebrew-Christian remember your fathers how they worshiped One G-d:

Hear, O My people, and I will admonish you; O Israel, if you would listen to Me! Let there be no strange G-d among you; nor shall you worship any foreign G-d. Psalm 81:8-9

The Hebrew-Christian said:
Jesus said: me and the Father are one.

G-d said:
Remember the first things of old, that I am G-d and there is no other; I am G-d and there is none like Me. Isaiah 46:9

. . . and My honour I will not give to another. Isaiah 48:11

The Hebrew-Christian said:
Without the sacrifice of Jesus how can I be saved? Jesus said: Joh:3:18: He that believeth on him (Jesus) is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

G-d said:
. . . Who announced this from before, who declared it from the distant past? Is it not I, the L-rd, and there is no G-d apart from Me, a righteous G-d and a Savior; there is none but Me. Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am G-d, and there is no other! Isaiah 45:21-22

I am the L-rd your G-d, Who brought you out of Egypt. You shall acknowledge no G-d but Me, no Savior except Me! Hosea 13:4

The Hebrew-Christian said:
The New Testament said: "For by him (Jesus) all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things have been created by him and for him. 17And He is before all things, and in him all things hold together." Colossians 1:16-17

G-d said:
Thus said the L-rd, your Redeemer, the One who formed you from the womb, "I am the L-rd Who makes everything, Who stretched forth the heavens alone, Who spread out the earth by Myself." Isaiah 44:24

I am the L-rd, and there is no other; besides Me there is no G-d . . . . I will strengthen you . . . in order that they know from the shining of the sun and from the west that there is no one besides Me; I am the L-rd and there is no other! Isaiah 45:5-6

The Hebrew-Christian said:
It is interesting L-rd how you keep on saying how alone you are and there is No One beside you or with you while the teaching of the Trinity clearly says that G-d the Father, god the Son and god the Holy Spirit are one but with three separate personalities. Having said that the New testament says that Jesus is at your right hand and your on the thrown so I guess however you look at it Jesus is simply not You!

G-d said:
There is none holy as the L-rd. There is none beside Thee; neither is there any Rock like our G-d. I Samuel 2:2

To whom shall you liken Me and make Me equal and compare Me that we may be alike? Isaiah 46:5

I am the L-rd, that is My name, and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise to graven images! Isaiah 42:8

The Hebrew-Christian said:
Its interesting also L-rd that you should say that you will Not give your glory to another. I read in the New Testament when Jesus said: "All things have been delivered to me by my Father; and no one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and any one to whom the Son chooses to reveal him." Matthew 11:27

G-d said again:
I am the L-rd, that is My name, and My glory will I not give to another, neither My praise to graven images! Isaiah 42:8

So that all the nations of the earth may know that the L-rd is G-d and that there is no other! I Kings 8:60

You shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and I am the L-rd your G-d, there is no other; and My people shall never be ashamed. Joel 2:27

The Hebrew-Christian said:
What more can I ask of you L-rd and how clearer can you be, how stupid and blind would I be not to believe you and believe others, should I believe the New testament or You, should I believe Paul or You, should I believe my fellow Christians or You….. Well I choose you and the faith of our fathers since time eternal you are One.

I will sing with King David “Whom have I in heaven but You? The earth has nothing I desire besides You. Psalm 73:25” Not Jesus or anyone else.

I will say with the prophet “Have we not all one Father? Has not one G-d created us? Why should we betray, each one his brother, to profane the covenant of our forefathers? Malachi 2:10”

I heard you and I believe you no one else: “O L-rd, there is none like You, neither is there any G-d beside You, according to all that we have heard with our ears! I Chronicles 17:20”