Saturday

Turning Advance Australia Fair Into Jesus Jingle



Christian schools re-write Australian national anthem

by: Laura Speranza from:The Sunday Telegraph October 02, 201112:00AM

THOUSANDS of schoolchildren are being forced to sing an alternative version of the Australian national anthem that installs "Christ" as the country's head of state and removes any reference to the Southern Cross.   

In a move that outraged parents' groups have labelled "disrespectful", some 50 Christian schools of mixed denominations have replaced the second verse of Advance Australia Fair with the lyrics, which begin, "With Christ our head and cornerstone, we'll build our nation's might", for school assembly renditions.

The contentious version was penned 23 years ago by Sri Lankan immigrant Ruth Ponniah, 75, who now lives in Sydney, as part of her local church's bicentennial celebrations and is now sung in schools including the Penrith Christian School, St George Christian School, Westmead Christian Grammar School and Bethel Christian School in Mt Druitt.

Federal Education Minister Peter Garrett has admonished the unauthorised words, saying that under national protocols the anthem should not be modified and that the alternative verse had no place in the state's educational institutions - regardless of their religious affiliations.

"Alternative words should not be used and schools should be teaching students to sing the two authorised verses," he said.

But the Australian Parents Council, representing the parents of independent school students, wants Mr Garrett to go further and ban Ms Ponniah's lyrics.

"If you're singing the national anthem, it should be the national anthem you are singing," said executive director Ian Dalton.

"There are many opportunities to express pride in your faith, but the national anthem is not one of them. It shouldn't be tampered with."

Federation of Parents and Citizens' Association of NSW president Helen Walton backed the APC push, saying it was "disrespectful" of schools to endorse a different version of the anthem.

"The national anthem is the national anthem of all Australians regardless of religion," she said. ...

From http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/god-save-us-from-a-religious-chord/story-e6freuy9-1226155189544

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As one who has worked in Christian schooling I think that this has to be one of the most stupidest actions Christian Schools have ever taken (besides banning and censoring art works).

The lyrics of the invented verse in this Jesus Jingle elavator muzak include:

" With Christ our head and cornerstone
We'll build our nation's might
Whose way and truth and life alone
Can guide can guide our path aright
Our lives a sacrifice of love
Reflect our master's gift
With faces turned to heaven above
Advance Australia Fair
In joyful strands then let us sing
Advance Australia fair"

The lyrics tell lies. Australia does not have Jesus as its foundation. We began as penal colony. Jesus is not the only person who can guide Australia properly - he's also dead. There is a masochistic element of blood, gore and guts sacrifice mentioned that they wish to brainwash children into. Heaven is not above in the blue sky somewhere. Jesus said that the kingdom of God was within you.

Do Christians have no ethics? Would Christians like Muslims changing the Australian National Anthem to include verses about Mohammed and Al-Lah? Of course not! they wouldn't tolerate it.

Would Christians like someone to change their hymns and insert Satan instead of Jesus? Maybe people should be singing this in protest http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-cbpQqqRBo

Satan loves me, this I know
For the Christians tell me so
Fame and wealth to him belong
Fuck the weekend and be strong

Yeah, Satan loves me
Yeah, Satan loves me
Yeah, Satan loves me
The Christians tell me so

Do it if it hurts no one
Don't hold back, have lots of fun
Don't waste time of God's great plan
Favor yourself all you can

Yeah, Satan loves me
Yeah, Satan loves me
Yeah, Satan loves me
The Christians tell me so

Don't lie to yourself all day
Wisdom is great Satan's way
Love those who deserve your love
And to ingrates, give the shove

Yeah, Satan loves me
Yeah, Satan loves me
Yeah, Satan loves me
The Christians tell me so

If someone has done you wrong
Get revenge and you'll be strong
Honor those who keep their deals
Those who don't just want free meals

Yeah, Satan loves me
Yeah, Satan loves me
Yeah, Satan loves me
The Christians tell me so

No man is an animal
He's in fact above them all
Things the Christians call our sins
Lead us to all of our wins

Yeah, Satan loves me
Yeah, Satan loves me
Yeah, Satan loves me
The Christians tell me so

Satan has been the best friend
Of the church from start to end
With his help it has for years
Ruled our lives with guilt and fears

Yeah, Satan loves me
Yeah, Satan loves me
Yeah, Satan loves me
The Christians tell me so