Saturday

Why you should avoid Justin Brierly's "UNBELIEVABLE" on Facebook

These following 4 threads were posted on Justin Brierly's "Unbelievable" group on Facebook after I had blocked several atheist trolls for personal insults and repeatedly going off on a tangent in my threads.  The 4 threads were solely about me and nothing to do with the supposed aims of the group. https://www.facebook.com/groups/unbelievablejb/

The group has these rules:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Justin Brierley

Hi, I'm Justin and I am the admin on this group (which is an offshoot of a radio show/podcast that I host). ...

THE RULES

In order to try to make this group an enjoyable place to contribute, wherever you come from on the faith spectrum, here is a list of rules which members must abide by:

...

2. Aggressive/offensive language or behaviour. This is obviously a very subjective area. Again, I will be the one to decide whether behaviour is aggressive or offensive. Again, extreme cases will result in an immediate ban. In most cases it will result in a warning and deletion of the comment (or OP if that is where it takes place). If the offence is repeated, the user will be banned.

3. Posts and comments that are intended to vilify or demean a person or point of view, especially without any supporting argumentation. These are liable to be deleted without consultation as I see appropriate. A warning will be issued. If the offence is repeated, the user will be banned.

4. Use of inflammatory / condescending / OTT / purely emotive language may also result in a warning, deletions or a ban.

...

6. Posts and comments that do not contribute to a discussion or are irrelevant to the aim of discussing topics of interest to believers and non believers may also be deleted, and persistent behavior may result in a ban (this includes just quoting Bible verses or spiritual quoatations without any accompanying conversation starter).

7. Users can block any other users they wish. Any user blocking me as admin will be banned.

...

SUGGESTIONS FOR POSTING ETIQUETTE

1. Avoid language that is tends to "wind up" the other side - such as accusations of lying or "intellectual dishonesty". Hot button words like "abusive" or "delusional" etc. Try to be as generous as you can be in your estimation of another person's character. It can be hard to read tone and intention on facebook

2. Try to avoid psychologising other individuals. Respond to their arguments without branding them as an individual.

3. ...  I need you the users of the group to be my eyes and ears. Please do get in touch in the aforementioned ways if there are issues that you feel need to be brought to my attention. Most of the time I hope not to have to do anything as people will just be getting on with each other.

Thankyou and enjoy the group.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My posts were about the major two problems with atheism:
1. The fact that there is not a positive argument for atheism.
2. The category error of atheists demanding empirical evidence for a non-empirical God.

These two threads invoked an avalanche of atheist trolls who called me every swear word under the sun and took every possible opportunity to change the subject to their pet atheist hobby horses. They merely kept stating the same old weary brain-dead atheist slogans and mantras which was what I was eager to avoid. I wanted them to critique their own views. Apparently they thought that their swearing made up for a lack of a decent argument and a lack of education.  Most could not even comprehend the what the topic was about. Some thought Christians, Jews and Muslims worshiped an empirical God. Others thought that a negative argument against theism was actually a positive argument for atheism. (It isn't.)

I blocked a number of atheist trolls in discussion on the group for:
- Insults
- Not sticking to the OP.

Apparently the following blocked atheist trolls don't comprehend what an insult is or what going off topic is and instead try to justify themselves in these 4 threads dedicated to criticising me. They keep stating how wonderful they are. Their self praise is absolutely sickening and far from the truth.

After having four threads on the group by the atheist trolls dedicated to solely discussing myself, all made by blocked atheist trolls who had either insulted me or kept flooding my threads with off topic posts, this is Justin Brierly's repy to my concerns that above rules had been breached:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Justin Brierley

I'm afraid to get anywhere on this forum you will need to grow a thick skin Mark, none of these strike me as offences worthy of discipline. Also if you've blocked someone then I should just ignore them.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

These are some of the posts and threads written by the atheist trolls after I had blocked them and that I objected to. The poor little atheist trolls are upset that I blocked them.

##################################

THREAD 1

Huw Pryce

I do believe *[MT] has either blocked me or deleted a thread of several hours. I offered no abuse and debated in a civilized and reasonably courteous manner. If the thread has gone - well that was a waste of time - and what a poor loser! If it's still visible to other people (I really don't know the niceties of being blocked etc. It doesn't happen to me very often). Judge for yourself how well his argument holds up.

I think I gave he and Matthew a thorough spanking. Matthew went to bed and
*[MT] seems to have blocked me. Such is the nature of sophistry. If you adopt
a dishonest position in your initial premise, anyone, regardless of skill or intellect will expose you and make
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Neil Gough *[Ex-Facebook friend]

I'm hugely amused at *[MT]. he was on my list until i corrected some of his libellous rants on local politics.>
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Reinke Ha! That pussy blocked me too cause I said his stupid was
starting to show through on my own thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Huw Pryce Sounds like he's having a bit of a meltdown. Poor lambie.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dave Elleman I was blocked too, for trying to argue that the claim of *[MT]'s OP was incoherent.

Mike Reinke - I apologise to you for continuing the discussion on *[MT]'s thread, as it probably would have been more constructive if we'd continued on yours, rather than having *[MT] set himself up as God on a new thread and block everyone that challenged his assertions.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sam Tunmore He blocked me because, by existing, I proved his arguement as a
strawman.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Stuart Round *[MT] has blocked most of the group I think by now. He can probably only see his own posts and those of people who agree with him. It's no way to conduct a debate. He either insists you stick rigidly to his definition of the question, which seems to be the same one over and over, or he blocks you.

####################################

THREAD 2
John Humberstone

"I hope that these rules will be followed and ask for the thread to be deleted." *[MT] It seem to me that *[MT] would be better taking a leaf out of Matthew's book and go start his own groups up elsewhere. He could then have complete control and authority to manage it and the people who join, however he likes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Neil Gough My, he is a delicate little Petal isn't he?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

##############################################

THREAD 3

Ben Morris

*[MT] is a baby. Someone get his momma to change his diaper, and feed him.

###################################

THREAD 4

Peter Roger

Insults have now resulted in you being blocked. Bye.
I didn't use any names that you didn't use on yourself and just cause i  called you out on your claim to be a "Philosopher" which is plainly a lie cause you don't know the basics frm 101 on.ok see ya.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peter Roger im here it seems.
Later though i don't seem to be able to see *[MT] at all.I guess he did as good as run away then. Ok then *[MT] it must be one nil to me

##################################

If you join Justin Brierly's "Unbelieveable" group on Facebook and are not an atheist you too may be the victim of atheist ad hominem.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A satisfied customer may tell 3 – 5 people about their experience.

A dissatisfied customer may tell 8 – 10 people about their experience.

The average business never hears from 96% of its unhappy customers.

For every complaint received the average company in fact has 26 customers with similar complaints, 6 of which are serious problems. Of the customers who register a complaint as many as 70% will do business again with your business if the complaint is effectively resolved. That figure goes up to a staggering 95% if the customer feels that their complaint was resolved quickly.

It costs 6 times as much to attract a new customer as it does to keep an existing customer.

1 complaining customer & 26 other dissatisfied customers = 27 unhappy customers

27 complaining customers will each tell up to 20 others = 540 people may have heard complaints about your company.

(Source: AussieHost)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a result of Justin Brierly's hypocrisy I am sure that many people will now read this negative review of his page and avoid it. I have left the group as I don't have to tolerate repeated insults and flooding of my threads with off topic rants by ignorant atheists.