Saturday

"DON'T WANT TO BE AN ELVIS / BEATLE" - Mark Tindall (2012)

My latest song "Don't Want To Be An Elvis / Beatle" (copyright Mark Tindall 2012) which may be listened to or downloaded as a free mp3 at http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11751301

Like my Facebook Muscian page at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mark-Tindall/125474904180434 and get more updates and information.

LYRICS

CH:
Don’t want to be an Elvis
Don’t want to be a Beatle
Don’t want to be remembered
By a bunch of fickle people

VS:

Been on stage and under the light
Been in the wings and in the fight
Been on the road down the garden path
To the Tower of Babel on the day of wrath

Been upstaged and brought down low
Met the boss and the star of the show
First fame’s there and then it’s gone
You’re only remembered for your Number One

Middle:

I am I am I am me
That’s all that I’m supposed to be

A bloody mess and a looking glass
Counting sounds in an hour glass
Lord, you know, you know it’s true
You gotta be, you gotta be you gotta be you

Coda: I am me