Jesus did whole lot of appearing and disappearing (sort of like a magic act) after his death till he finally flew through the sky like Superman to heaven somewhere out in the blue. (Luke 24:1-51, Mark 16:9-19, John 20:26, Acts 1:2-3, 9 )
Before he ascended Jesus supposedly appeared to:
- Mary Magdalene, early Sunday
morning. (Mark 16:9; John 20:10-18).
- The women
returning from the tomb. (Matthew 28:9-10).
- Two disciples on the road to Emmaus. (Luke 24:13-32; Mark 16:12-13).
- Peter in Jerusalem. (Luke 24:34; 1 Corinthians 15:5).
- His disciples and other followers, and also a second time to the
two men from Emmaus, in a locked room in Jerusalem. The apostle Thomas wasn't
there at that time. (Luke 24:36-43; John 20:19-23).
- His disciples behind locked doors, and this time Thomas
was present. (John 20:24-29).
- Seven of his
disciples on the shore of the Sea of Galilee. (John 21:1-24).
- 500 believers at one time. (1 Corinthians 15:6).
- James. (1 Corinthians 15:7).
- Eleven disciples on a mountain in Galilee. (Matt. 28:18-20).
- Disciples along the road to Bethany, on the Mount of Olives. (Luke 24:50-53).
What was Jesus doing when he wasn't appearing? He had not yet "ascended" and flown through the sky like Superman to sit at the right hand of God in heaven. ("Beam me up, Scotty!") Where did he get his clothes from as his grave clothes were found in the burial cave (John 20:5)? How could his clothes pass through walls? Did Jesus eat and sleep during this time? Did he go to the toilet? Did he bathe? Who did his washing? Was he walking around like the Invisible Man?
So many questions. So few answers.